►Fixed equipment, furniture, etc in position for use,esp by making the necessary connections with the supply of electricity, water,etc.
- Install a heating or lighting system in a buildingThe hotel chain has recently installed a new booking system.
- I’m having a shower installed.It is important to install a virus checker.
- Be comfortably installed in a new home.
- She installed herself in her father’s favourite chair.
►Place sb in a new position of authority the usual ceremony.
- She was installed as the first women chancellor of the university.
Installation /,ɪnstəl'eʃən/ Noun
►The act of fixing equipment or furniture in position so that it can be used
- Installation coasts/charges
- Carry out several installations
- Installation requires several days
- Installation of the new system will take several days.
►A peace of equipment or machinery that has been fixed in position so that it can be used
- A heating installation
►The act of placing sb in a new position of authority, often with a ceremonyso that it can be used
- The installation of the new officer.
►The word of source means place from Latin
►Some synonym for reference
- put in, place, locate, situate, emplace, station
- fix, set , embed, lodge, insert, plant
- induct, introduce, initiate
- instate, establish, inaugurate, chair, invest
- bring in, lead in, usher in